MY HAIR STORY & BIG CHOP?

 

 Recently, I've found myself continuously reminiscing back to my childhood when my hair was perfect and untouched.
 
For the past week or two, I've been heat free in attempt to revive my curls and retain my hair growth. I've been getting a bit antsy though because ever since middle school, I've always had my hair straightened and having my natural curls out is something I'm no longer use to. I'm trying to adjust and find ways to stick to no heat-styles but it's extremely hard. 

To inspire myself (and to put pressure on myself because I don't like to publicly say I'm going to do something and not do it) I'm going to post up some pictures from when my hair was in it's virgin state and agree to a hair challenge. I'm not sure if there is any challenges out right now, if there is please let me know, but for now I'll just stick to no heat, deep conditioning, correct shampoos, etc. and every month I'll come back and update you all on how much my hair has grown and what I've been doing. 

At the moment, my hair is at collar bone length and my goal is to get back to the waist length hair I once had. It's going to be a long journey, but I'm excited! I've been watching tons of videos on big chops and hair growth journey videos and they are giving me the push I need. I'm not too sure if I'd ever do the big chop myself because I just don't think I'm there yet, but I applaud all the women with the confidence to do it and rock it!

Here are some random pictures that I could find! Please excuse my huge 5-head, these were all before I started doing my own hair and got bangs hahaha.. My mom clearly loved to have that baby on show! The struggle.


One of the few rare times I was allowed to get my hair straighten during my childhood! I remember I use to have to beg and cry for my parents to give in and let me do it.They wanted to preserve my curls, but I didn't care at the time.. I'm paying for it now though! Haha.

If you'd like a more in-depth post about my hair history, let me know and I'll do it. :) 

Are any of you trying to get your curls back? 

KROSS x


14 comments

  1. Your curly hair is so nice! I wish I just left my hair alone after the last few years, trying to fix the damage is so hard. Great post :)

    Jess x

    Pretty Chit Chat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great curly or straight! I hope you can achieve your hair dreams soon, my dear!!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Really appreciate it :)

      Xo Kristina

      Delete
  3. I am going through the struggle of going natural. I love that your sharing your story. If you have any good tips or tricks I hope you share them.

    Stay Kinky, Stay Curly, Stay You
    kinkycurlyme.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely make a post soon! Good luck on your journey :)

      Xo Kristina

      Delete
  4. I have been going to Keratin Hair treatment for years. I love curly hair but I could never manage them. SO Keratin is the best option for me.

    I love your natural, curly hair.

    XX
    Miri
    New giveaway on: http://currentlywearing.com/polo-day-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why I always use to straighten my hair.. The management is easier! But I keep seeing girls with gorgeous curly nowadays and it makes me miss it haha.

      Xo Kristina

      Delete
  5. Awww, you're adorable, then and now!
    Sadly, I can't help you in the curls department, lol. My hair can't hold a single curl...not even with half a bottle of hairspray (no, seriously).
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristina,this is lynette from China Best Wigs(www.chinabestwigs.com),i saw your message.Your curly hair is beautiful and thanks for your share,maybe we could make cooperation in the future.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynette! Thank you so much :) And I'd definitely be up for it, just let me know!

      Delete
  7. I'm trying to get my curls back and its been a real pain. So I can totes understand how you feel. Everyone used to want straight hair but now natural curls are in all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete

NYCOT